Yesterday we had our fifth snow day of the season (and the second this week) and on top of it we lost power at 5:30am because of the icestorm. Since that also means no heating, I spent the morning carrying pots of boiling water around the house to keep at least the kitchen and the girls' room warm. The good news is that we got power again by 7:30pm. The bad news is that things had to get worse before they got better. Just as we were about to go visit some friends (who had power) our car wouldn't start, which caused much despair among the girls until Rica suggested that I pull them with the bike in the trailer. When I pointed out the sub-optimal conditions (freezing rain and trees down all over the place), she told me that since I made her bike in snow and rain, I should do it too. So rather than lose my credibility, I complied (and we made it there and back safely...)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment